Roy W. Dean Short Film Grant
From the Heart Productions is pleased to announce the return of the Roy W. Dean Short Film Grant..
The newest entry in our Roy W. Dean Grants for independent filmmakers is specifically for narrative fiction shorts, live action or animated, that are 40 minutes or less in length.
As with their other other Roy W. Dean Film Grants, the films need to be unique and make a contribution to society.
Winner of the Grant Will Receive $3,000 in Cash and Donated Services
Our wonderful donors to the other grants have become donors for the short film grant as well. Among the donations the winner will receive are:
- $3,000.00 in music and audio services from well-known composer David Raiklen
- $6,000.00 in animation from Emmy award winner Charlie Canfield. This is 1/3 off normal price for 6 weeks of animation
- $500 in grip, lighting or expendables from Filmtools
- Tom Malloy of Glass House Distribution donates an hour of consultation on distribution of your film
- $1,400 value (4 hours of sound mix session) from Silver Sound
- $600.00 for your Free Closed Captioning by NetCaptioning (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- and more from heartfelt donors
Click here to see all donations for grant.
Deadline for submission to the Roy W. Dean Short Film Grant is April 29th, 2024 at 11:59 PM PT
Why We Created the Roy W. Dean Short Film Grant
Dedicated to helping independent filmmakers fund their films, From the Heart Productions created the Roy W. Dean Short Film Grant in response to the explosion and popularity of short form content.
Many filmmakers use short films to hone their craft and as a proof of concept for later full length features. From the Heart Productions wants to support their work and encourage them to make films with stories told with passion that enlighten us about our lives and the world we live in.
Filmmakers can apply at https://fromtheheartproductions.com/grant-application-form/.
Every Filmmaker Gets Help for Their Project by Just Applying
What sets apart the Roy W. Dean Film Grants from other grants is that every applicant has the opportunity to receive a 15-minute consultation on their film. Filmmakers can get advice on how to find funding, build up a database of donors or investors, market their film, and more.
“Wow! This was one of the most valuable conversations I’ve had about getting a short film produced. So much insight and support: really incredible!” Andrew Jonathan Smith
For More Information
For more information on the grant, please email email@example.com or call 805-984-0098.