Fiscal Sponsorship Program
From the Heart Productions Fiscal Sponsorship Program is uniquely designed to help independent filmmakers get their films funded.
Our “boutique” program sets itself apart by offering hands-on personalized attention, support, and film funding advice from our board members and staff.
We have over a quarter century of experience helping filmmakers raise money.
Combined with offering donors tax deductions for donations, fiscal sponsorship with From the Heart Productions gives filmmakers a powerful ally along with exceptional tools with which to raise money for pre-production, production, or post-production.
Among the key benefits From the Productions Fiscal Sponsorship Program offers filmmakers are:
- Expert Guidance on Creating Successful Crowdfunding Campaigns on Kickstarter, Seed&Spark, Indiegogo, and our own Network for Good platform.
- Free Consultation on Creating Plan for Fundraising for Your Film
- Bi-Monthly Film Funding Guidance Class
- Your Own Free Fundraising Page for Your Film
We’ve helped filmmakers raise over $10 million for their films to date.
We can help you raise funds for your documentary, short, feature film, or web series and help you realize your dream of getting it completed. Our president, Carole Dean, explains how you can benefit in this video.
Get Money and Guidance to Make Your Film
From The Heart Productions has been helping filmmakers get their projects made for over 26 years through the Roy W. Dean Grant.
We pioneered fiscal sponsorship for filmmakers. Through our Fiscal Sponsorship program, From The Heart continues its mission to encourage and bring to fruition unique projects with compelling stories that might otherwise have never been made.
Your job is to create. Our job is to make it possible for you to see your creation become a reality.
As a 501(c) (3) public charity, From The Heart Productions Inc (FTH), sponsors projects with our nonprofit status. This allows you to solicit donations that are tax deductible for your donors. That gives people a powerful incentive to give money to your project.
We want you to be able to spend as much time producing it as possible while we guide you to bring in money.
Why You Should Choose From The Heart as Your Fiscal Sponsor:
- Donations Paid in 15 days.
- Donations are Tax Deductible for Donors.
- Films Get Their own Project Page on our own fundraising platform. It was created with non-profit fundraising experts Network for Good. You can add video, pictures, call to actions. You can link your project’s page to your website as your donation page. Each project page comes with unique web address that you can send out to potential donors. Learn more
- Donors Can Pay All Your Fees on our Fundraising Platform. 74% of donors contribute to helping out filmmakers.
- Bi-Monthly Film Funding Guidance Class – Every two weeks, Carole Dean and staff have a weekly conference call for all the fiscally sponsored filmmakers. Calls offer tips on crowdfunding, manifesting money, and setting goals. You can even practice your pitch!
- Special Fiscal Sponsorship Rate to Help Create Successful Crowdfunding Campaigns. Email or call 805-984-0098 to discuss rates.
- Get Support on Developing a Fundraising Strategy. Carole Dean and FTH staff will discuss with you how to construct a creative, successful fund raising campaign that will meet your goals.
- Apply for Grants That Require Fiscal Sponsorship – There are hundreds of grants for filmmakers offering thousands to help complete our project. Many require being associated with a non-profit
- Get Help Creating a Great Grant Proposal. We know what grantors want and can advise you how to create your proposals and submit materials.
- Personal Attention. We will be there for you when you need us with advice drawn from years of experience. We are even available for face to face meetings
- Special Film Industry Discounts. (See Fiscal Sponsor Discount List for details)
- We accept non-cash donations of equipment and materials.
- We can set up recurring payments from donors.
- Improve Your Pitch to Investors. Carole Dean, president of From The Heart Productions and author of “The Art of Film Funding: Alternative Financing Concepts” will help you create a “stick story pitch” for maximum returns.
- Fine Tune Your Trailer. We’ve seen thousands through the Roy W. Dean Film Grant. We give you trailer tips for fund raising and crowdfunding.
- Donations Can be by Check, Credit Card, and Even Stocks or Bonds. We’ve now got a brokerage account.
Have Questions About the Program and Donations. Check out our FAQ here
From the Heart has a contact in the insurance industry that has a program you can utilize. Please email for our insurance contact information.
What is Required for Fiscal Sponsorship with From the Heart Productions
1. Your project must be a film or media project.
2. You must have potential of getting project completed.
3. The project for which you are fundraising must have a goal of at least $10,000.
4. You must submit the online application.
7% fee for all funds raised by credit card (this includes the credit card processing fee). 5% fee for checks.
Want to Crowdfund?
We are truly specialists in crowdfunding. We’ve got special fees low fees too! Please email for a consultation on what will work on your specific film.
How to Apply
Complete the From the Heart fiscal sponsorship application form and be sure to follow instructions. After your application is submitted and reviewed. If accepted, we will send you a contract.
Read Reviews About From The Heart Productions on Genbook
Give is a call at 805-984-0098
Or email us at