Roy W. Dean Grant Application
Please read Roy W. Dean Grant application guidelines and instructions carefully before submitting application. Links to applications are at bottom of page.
The Roy W. Dean Grant application must be submitted by the deadline for the specific grant for which you are applying.
- SPRING Grant Deadline – March 31st
- SHORT FILM Grant Deadline – April 29th
- SUMMER Grant Deadline – June 30th (Extended to July 16th)
- FALL Grant Deadline – October 31st
Guidelines for Roy W. Dean Grant Application MATERIALS
There are several items that you’ll need to submit (upload) on your application:
- Cover Letter
- Proposal (for documentaries) or Synopsis (for shorts or features)
- Marketing/Distribution/Social Media Plan
- Crew Information
- Budget (or Estimate)
- Sample Work: Provide a URL to a video of your trailer or prior work (Vimeo, YouTube, etc.)
Project Proposal and Synopsis Guidelines
Submit a written proposal. If you would like an outline for a documentary proposal, click here.
For documentaries, please send us an outline of your documentary film. It can be from 2 to 6 pages.
For short films and features, we want a one page synopsis (or outline) of the film and the first 10 pages of your script.
Please be sure also include the following:
- Style, format and approach to the material, including any distinct visual or technical elements.
- What are your plans for distribution?
- Are you the producer, director, what?
- How is this project unique and how does this project benefit society?
- What is your relationship to the material?
- List name and position of proposed key production personnel (producer, director, cinematographer, editor, etc.) List their relevant experience or credits.
Sample Work(s) Guidelines
All Roy W. Dean Grant applications must be accompanied by a sample of applicant’s previously completed work via URL to an online video (Vimeo, YouTube, etc).
We need to see what you have made and what your vision is for your proposed or current film. If you do not have a prior work, submit one from a key member on your crew.
Steps to Completing Application
- Select Roy W. Dean Grant Application below for which you’d like to submit your project.
- Before submitting your completed application, print or save a copy for your records.
Upload your files (Cover Letter, Proposal or Synopsis, Distribution Plan, Crew Info, and Budget) on your application.
Provide a URL to your Sample Work——a trailer or other prior work via Vimeo, YouTube, etc.
- From the Heart Productions requests a rolling “Thank You” credit to all of the donors on the grant. This application, if chosen as a winner, may be published or used to educate other filmmakers by FTHP.
Please select the grant for which you are applying: