Proposal and Sample Work Guidelines:
Project Proposal and Synopsis
Submit a written proposal. If you need help writing your proposal, you can listen to this description from Carole Dean’s podcast from The Art of Film Funding on Blogtalk Radio.
For documentaries, please send us 2 to 6 pages on your proposal. You can also send additional pages for your budget and your crew. If you do not have a budget, please include an estimate.
For short films and features, we want a one page synopsis (or outline) of the film and the first 10 pages of your script. Please include a budget. If you do not have a budget, please include an estimate
Please be sure to tell us the following:
- Style, format and approach to the material, including any distinct visual or technical elements.
- What are your plans for distribution?
- Are you the producer, director, what?
- How is this project unique and how does this project benefit society?
- What is your relationship to the material?
- List name and position of proposed key production personnel (producer, director, cinematographer, editor, etc.) List their relevant experience or credits.
All proposals must be accompanied by a sample of applicant’s previously completed work on DVD. If you do not have a prior work, submit one from anyone on your crew. Please do not send original DVD, send us copies because we do not return DVDs.