Intentional Filmmaking Class
Innovative and Successful Personalized Instruction That Will Boost Your Fundraising Potential, Help Find Investors, and Identify An Audience for Your Film
Is your pitch getting yawns instead of interest?
Are hoped for investors texting friends instead of watching your trailer?
Is your dream of filming your project becoming a nightmare because you still don’t have the money to get started?
Then, get the tools, tips, and insight needed to get the money to make your film!
Get Your Film Funded
The Intentional Filmmaking Class was created by Carole Dean, founder of From the Heart Productions, to fulfill its mission of helping indie filmmakers get the money they need for their project.
It is designed to help filmmakers realize and harness the power of their intention – getting their film made – to get their film funded.
Conducted via scheduled conference calls, the 4 month class includes twice a month group sessions and a monthly one-on-one personal consultation.
Now in its 3rd year, it gives filmmakers the support, guidance, and instruction they need to create a detailed plan for funding their film.
It instills in them the confidence they need to get money by showing them how to manifest to reach their goals.
Carole Dean has helped indie filmmakers raise over $10 million for their projects.
Before founding From the Heart Productions, she created an industry and one of the largest woman owned businesses buying leftover film stock and reselling it to indie filmmakers.
She met and saw so many great filmmakers who could not get their films to the screen for lack of funds.
They had the talent and passion and story, but not a clue as to how to find money for their films.
For 23 years she has devoted her life to educating filmmakers on how to get their films financed. She is the author of The Art of Film Funding: Alternative Financing Concepts, now in its second edition, and The Art of Manifesting: Creating Your Future.
“I am currently taking the Intentional Filmmaking Class through From The Heart. It has really opened my eyes and brought me great confidence with my documentary. They provide so much invaluable information in all aspects of the industry and life in general. I would highly recommend this to anyone serious about their film! Carole has such a great way of helping and pushing you to do your absolute best. “
–Amber Talarico, Director
“It is not just a class that focuses on making a better movie, but it truly also shapes you step by small and understandable step into becoming a better, stronger, and sharper filmmaker — something that will prove to last and have value long after the current film is done.”
— Maeyen Bassey, Director/Producer
“Take it! It’s like getting a Masters degree in filmmaking while using everything from Quantum Physics to Spiritual tools to help get your film funded and produced.“
— Betsy Blankenbaker, Writer/Director
Two Classes Available:
- The Trailblazer Class for Getting Documentaries and Short Films Funded
- The Mastermind Class for Getting Features Funded – CLICK HERE to listen to Tom Malloy give 7 things not to do in production.
You can be at any stage of production to take this class. You set your own goals.
bAny questions, contact Carole Dean at email@example.com or call 805-984-0098
Carole is joined in each class by two experts in filmmaking and funding
Trailblazer Class Documentary Mentor – Bienvenida Matias
From the Heart Productions is proud to announce Beni Matías will be joining us as a Trailblazer program documentary mentor. Beni will work closely with Carole Dean in assessing program participants on their pitches, proposals and budgets. Beni is a Puerto Rican filmmaker, educator and media advocate, who has extensively produced and directed documentaries independently, for public television and nonprofits. She is the former acting executive director of the National Association of Latino Independent Producers (NALIP), a founding member, and its first national coordinator and conference organizer.
Mastermind Class Co-Instructor – Tom Malloy
Tom Malloy, author of “Bankroll: A New Approach to Financing Feature Films” joins Carole to teach the Mastermind Class for feature films.
Tom has raised millions to write, produce, and direct his own films.
Click Here to Listen to Tom discuss distribution tactics in a recent Intentional Filmmaking Class.
How the Class Will Help You
- You get 4 personal one-on-one hour consultations (one each month) with Carole Dean. Her private consultations are usually $145 an hour. So, that’s a $580 value included in the price of the class.
- Class members meet twice a month for lessons and discussions. Its lively and collaborative.
- Hone your pitch. Get help tailoring your pitch to attract investors or donors. Carole will work on the elevator pitch, the under 2 minute pitch, and then expand on the 2 minute pitch.
- If your trailer is not bringing in money, Carole will help you fix it so it does. She has seen thousands over the years judging the Roy W. Dean Grant and knows which ones work and which ones don’t.
- Your proposal is analyzed, fine tuned, or reconstructed. Does it have what is needed to win grants, get donations, secure investors? Don’t have a proposal? Carole will create one with you.
- You will be given a 10 page outline of all 11 windows of distribution. We cover each window in class. During the 5 months, you work on one page at a time until this is completed. This is what you need to win grants, collect individual donations and for corporate donations.
- Carole will help you create 6 month funding goals. Each filmmaker lists what they want to achieve and creates an action list.
- Closing your donors.
- Finding strategic partners. Who they are, where to find them, how to approach them. What benefits you have from them.
- Review and improve your film’s web site. Work on key words, Google searches for your market, outlining your market/audience for the film. Where to find them and how to connect to them. Building your data base while making your film is a major issue today.
- Learn successful crowdfunding. From the Heart has been partners with Indiegogo since 2011 and has raised over $2 million for independent filmmakers.
- We teach funding parties, how to do it and be successful.
- We teach setting up one on one meetings.
- We teach successful letter writing campaigns.
You will learn how to manifest your success. The works of great writers and philosophers will be shared and you will be shown how to intend for your success. Your mind set will change and you will be confident and sure that nothing can stop you from raising money for your film.
“Thank you, Carole and Tom, for this wonderful course! It was a perfect blend of intellectual and metaphysical teachings and current industry trends! You make a fantastic team and presented a fantastic course!”
— Brian Jude, Writer/Producer
Getting your film funded means knowing how to save money as well as getting the most and best you can within your budget. Get tips and advice from our experts.
Kent Hamilton – Production Insurance. Kent is a respected entertainment insurance broker in the motion picture community. As Executive Vice President of the Truman Van Dyke Company for over 25 years, he insured thousands of films, commercials and television productions throughout the US and in many countries of the world.
Karen Everett – Editor is one of the world’s leading documentary story consultants, a pioneer in the emerging genre of transformational films and a powerful voice in the movement for conscious filmmaking. As the guiding force behind New Doc Editing, LLC, she has advised hundreds of filmmakers. Her visionary leadership and deep understanding of narrative structure has helped many filmmakers get their documentaries screened at Sundance, PBS, HBO, and other top documentary venues.
Trailblazer and Mastermind Class
Jason Brubaker – Film Distribution. Finding a traditional distribution deal is increasingly challenging. Nobody knows this better than Jason Brubaker. After failing to garner a traditional distribution deal for his first feature, he figured out how to market and sell his movie online. With his easy to follow, step-by-step system, Brubaker shows independent filmmakers how to maximize movie profits without the middle-man!
Sam Dlugach – Colorist. He’s been coloring moving images for 25 years and has worked as final colorist in every imaginable genre. Credits include music videos, TV series “Frazier,” and many features, including “The Conscientious Objector,” “Family,” and “Dopamine.”
Jerry Deaton – Sound. Jerry is owner of AUDIOKUT; is a full-service affordable audio post production company specializing in small and medium-sized independent films, commercials, web content and T.V. productions. Services include: ADR, Digital Foley, Music Editing, Dialog Editing, Sound Effects Design, 5.1 Mixing, Audio Restoration, M&E mixing, Audio Layback, Music Production, Score Composition, and access to a large in-house source library.
Hal “Corky” Kessler – Entertainment Law. Corky has extensive experience in the entertainment industry on a worldwide basis. Corky regularly speaks on the business and legal aspects of feature film development, including tax incentives. He has participated in seminars and conducted speaking engagements throughout the United States and Canada on legal issues impacting the entertainment industry. He has been a lead speaker for many years at various film festivals throughout the country, including the Sundance Film Festival, where he has conducted seminars on “Funding” and “Legal and Business Pitfalls, Screenplays through Distribution.”
Not Sure if Class is Right for You?
Call Carole. She will answer any questions you may have. 805-984-0098. You can also email her at firstname.lastname@example.org
2016 Start Date:
February 29th, 2016 Trailblazer Class
March 1st, 2016 Mastermind Class
$595 before Feb 21st, 2016
$695 after Feb 21st, 2016
Trailblazer Class Schedule (All Times Pacific Standard Time)
2/29/16 Mon 10am
3/14/16 Mon 10am
3/28/16 Mon 10am
4/11/16 Mon 10am
4/25/16 Mon 10am
5/09/16 Mon 10am
5/24/16 Tues 10am
6/06/16 Mon 10am
6/20/16 Mon 10am
Mastermind Class Schedule (All Times Pacific Standard Time)
3/01/16 Tues 9am
3/15/16 Tues 9am
3/29/16 Tues 9am
4/12/16 Tues 9am
4/26/16 Tues 9am
5/10/16 Tues 9am
5/25/16 Wed 9am
6/07/16 Tues 9am
6/20/16 Tues 9am