Intentional Filmmaking Class
Learn How to Get Your Film Funded
Carole Dean, president and founder of the film funding non-profit From the Heart Productions and author of The Art of Film Funding: Alternative Financing Concepts, has for 23 years helped filmmakers get the money they need for their films.
Her fiscally sponsored filmmakers have raised over $10 million. That is in addition to the $1.9 million she has helped filmmakers raise on Indiegogo.
Carole created the Intentional Filmmaking Class to educate creative talents on how to get their films funded. She will work with on perfecting your pitch, improving your trailer, and boosting your donor base.
In her individual consultations with each class member, she will provide direction and advice to keep you moving forward to reach your funding goal. She will teach you how to manifest money for your project.
Two Classes Available:
- The Trailblazer Class for Getting Documentaries and Short Films Funded
- The Mastermind Class for Getting Features Funded
You can be at any stage of production to take this class. You set your own goals.
Joining the classes will be guest speakers in the fields of editing, insurance, and distribution who will educate you how to get the most for he money you raise.
You Will Have a Strong Foundation for Funding Your Film After Taking This Class.
Class Starts Sept 28th
Just Two More Spots Left for Mastermind Class
Trailblazer Class is Closed
Any questions, contact Carole Dean at firstname.lastname@example.org or call 805-984-0098
“It is not just a class that focuses on making a better movie, but it truly also shapes you step by small and understandable step into becoming a better, stronger, and sharper filmmaker — something that will prove to last and have value long after the current film is done.”
— Maeyen Bassey, Director/Producer
“Take it! It’s like getting a Masters degree in filmmaking while using everything from Quantum Physics to Spiritual tools to help get your film funded and produced.“
— Betsy Blankenbaker, Writer/Director
Carole is joined in each class by two experts in filmmaking and funding
Trailblazer Class Documentary Mentor – Bienvenida Matias
From the Heart Productions is proud to announce Beni Matías will be joining us as a Trailblazer program documentary mentor. Beni will work closely with Carole Dean in assessing program participants on their pitches, proposals and budgets. Beni is a Puerto Rican filmmaker, educator and media advocate, who has extensively produced and directed documentaries independently, for public television and nonprofits. She is the former acting executive director of the National Association of Latino Independent Producers (NALIP), a founding member, and its first national coordinator and conference organizer.
Mastermind Class Co-Instructor – Tom Malloy
Tom Malloy, author of “Bankroll: A New Approach to Financing Feature Films” joins Carole to teach the Mastermind Class for feature films.
Tom has raised millions to write, produce, and direct his own films.
Click Here to Listen as Tom teaches distribution tactics in a recent Intentional Filmmaking Class.
How the Class Will Help You
- You get 5 personal one-on-one hour consultations (one each month) with Carole Dean. Her private consultations are usually $145 an hour. So, that’s a $725 value included in the price of the class.
- Class members meet twice a month for lessons and discussions. Its lively and collaborative.
- Hone your pitch. Get help tailoring your pitch to attract investors or donors. Carole will work on the elevator pitch, the under 2 minute pitch, and then expand on the 2 minute pitch.
- If your trailer is not bringing in money, Carole will help you fix it so it does. She has seen thousands over the years judging the Roy W. Dean Grant and knows which ones work and which ones don’t.
- Your proposal is analyzed, fine tuned, or reconstructed. Does it have what is needed to win grants, get donations, secure investors? Don’t have a proposal? Carole will create one with you.
- You will be given a 10 page outline of all 11 windows of distribution. We cover each window in class. During the 5 months, you work on one page at a time until this is completed. This is what you need to win grants, collect individual donations and for corporate donations.
- Carole will help you create 6 month funding goals. Each filmmaker lists what they want to achieve and creates an action list.
- Closing your donors.
- Finding strategic partners. Who they are, where to find them, how to approach them. What benefits you have from them.
- Review and improve your film’s web site. Work on key words, Google searches for your market, outlining your market/audience for the film. Where to find them and how to connect to them. Building your data base while making your film is a major issue today.
- Learn successful crowdfunding. From the Heart has been partners with Indiegogo since 2011 and has raised over $1.9 million for independent filmmakers.
- We teach funding parties, how to do it and be successful.
- We teach setting up one on one meetings.
- We teach successful letter writing campaigns.
You will learn how to manifest your success. The works of great writers and philosphers will be shared and you will be shown how to intend for your success. Your mind set will change and you will be confident and sure that nothing can stop you from raising money for your film.
“Thank you, Carole and Tom, for this wonderful course! It was a perfect blend of intellectual and metaphysical teachings and current industry trends! You make a fantastic team and presented a fantastic course!”
— Brian Jude, Writer/Producer
Getting your film funded means knowing how to save money as well as getting the most and best you can within your budget. Get tips and advice from our experts.
Kent Hamilton – Production Insurance. Kent is a respected entertainment insurance broker in the motion picture community. As Executive Vice President of the Truman Van Dyke Company for over 25 years, he insured thousands of films, commercials and television productions throughout the US and in many countries of the world.
Karen Everett – Editor is one of the world’s leading documentary story consultants, a pioneer in the emerging genre of transformational films and a powerful voice in the movement for conscious filmmaking. As the guiding force behind New Doc Editing, LLC, she has advised hundreds of filmmakers. Her visionary leadership and deep understanding of narrative structure has helped many filmmakers get their documentaries screened at Sundance, PBS, HBO, and other top documentary venues.
Trailblazer and Mastermind Class
Jason Brubaker – Film Distribution. Finding a traditional distribution deal is increasingly challenging. Nobody knows this better than Jason Brubaker. After failing to garner a traditional distribution deal for his first feature, he figured out how to market and sell his movie online. With his easy to follow, step-by-step system, Brubaker shows independent filmmakers how to maximize movie profits without the middle-man!
Sam Dlugach – Colorist. He’s been coloring moving images for 25 years and has worked as final colorist in every imaginable genre. Credits include music videos, TV series “Frazier,” and many features, including “The Conscientious Objector,” “Family,” and “Dopamine.”
Jerry Deaton – Sound. Jerry is owner of AUDIOKUT; is a full-service affordable audio post production company specializing in small and medium-sized independent films, commercials, web content and T.V. productions. Services include: ADR, Digital Foley, Music Editing, Dialog Editing, Sound Effects Design, 5.1 Mixing, Audio Restoration, M&E mixing, Audio Layback, Music Production, Score Composition, and access to a large in-house source library.
Hal “Corky” Kessler – Entertainment Law. Corky has extensive experience in the entertainment industry on a worldwide basis. Corky regularly speaks on the business and legal aspects of feature film development, including tax incentives. He has participated in seminars and conducted speaking engagements throughout the United States and Canada on legal issues impacting the entertainment industry. He has been a lead speaker for many years at various film festivals throughout the country, including the Sundance Film Festival, where he has conducted seminars on “Funding” and “Legal and Business Pitfalls, Screenplays through Distribution.”
Not Sure if Class is Right for You?
Call Carole. She will answer any questions you may have. 805-984-0098. You can also email her at email@example.com
September 28th, 2015 Trailblazer Class
September 29th, 2015 Mastermind Class
$695 before Sept 21st, 2015
$795 after Sept 21st , 2015
Trailblazer Class Schedule (All Times Pacific Standard Time)
9/28 Mon 10am
10/12 Mon 10am
10/26 Mon 10am
11/2 Mon 10am
11/16 Mon 10am
11/30 Mon 10am
12/14 Mon 10am
1/11 Mon 10am
1/26 Tues 10am
2/8 Tues 10am
Mastermind Class Schedule (All Times Pacific Standard Time)
9/29 Tues 9am
10/14 Tues 9am
10/27 Tues 9am
11/3 Tues 9am
11/17 Tues 9am
12/1 Tues 9am
12/15 Tues 9am
1/13 Wed 9am
1/27 Wed 9am
2/9 Wed 9am