Intentional Filmmaking Class
4 Month Course Taught by Film Funding Expert Carole Dean
Learn How To Get Your Indie Film Funded
“This class will empower you with knowledge. Your mind is your greatest asset and our job is to teach you how to use it to make and fund your film.
We start by teaching you how to create a captivating proposal, an engaging trailer, and help you create an action plan for funding success. b
Do you know how to create a trailer that will have donors reaching for their checkbooks or a proposal that will excite investors?
Do you know how to motivate people to support you and your project?
Carole Dean knows.
She is the founder of From the Heart Productions, winner of the WIFTS Lifetime Achievement Award, and author of the best selling film funding book The Art of Film Funding, 2nd Edition: Alternative Financing Concepts.
Over 23 years, she has helped indie filmmakers raise over $10 million for their films and helped them get their films made.
Get Your Film Funded
The Intentional Filmmaking Class helps filmmakers realize and harness the power of their intention – getting their film made – to get their film funded.
Taught by Carole Dean via scheduled conference calls, the 4 month class includes twice a month group sessions and a monthly one-on-one personal consultation.
Carole’s consultations are usually $145 an hour. That is a $580 value included in price of the class.
There is a Trailblazer Class Documentary Filmmakers
A Mastermind Class for Short and Feature Filmmakers.
Carole is joined in the Mastermind Class with Tom Malloy, producer and author of Bankroll: A New Approach to Financing Feature Films.
Experts in in film distribution, sound editing, entertainment law, and more will show you how to get the best deals and stretch the dollars you raise.
Filmmakers will get the support, guidance, and instruction they need to create a detailed plan for funding.
They will be taught how to us their power of intent to manifest their goals for funding and get their films made.
By the end of the class, you will be 115% confident that you will get your film funded!
“The Intentional Filmmaking Class has really opened my eyes and brought me great confidence with my documentary. They provide so much invaluable information in all aspects of the industry and life in general. I would highly recommend this to anyone serious about their film! Carole has such a great way of helping and pushing you to do your absolute best. “
–Amber Talarico, Director
“It is not just a class that focuses on making a better movie, but it truly also shapes you step by small and understandable step into becoming a better, stronger, and sharper filmmaker — something that will prove to last and have value long after the current film is done.”
— Maeyen Bassey, Director/Producer
You can be at any stage of production to take this class. You set your own goals.
Mastermind Class Co-Instructor – Tom Malloy
A critically acclaimed actor, Tom decided to produce his own films and raised $25 million dollars. He is the author of Bankroll: A New Approach to Financing Feature Films and joins Carole to teach the Mastermind Class for feature films.
Tom has written and produced all the films his company, Trick Candle Productions, has made.
Click Here to Listen to Tom discuss distribution tactics in a recent Intentional Filmmaking Class.
Create a Strong Fundraising Foundation
- One-on-one meetings with Carole to discuss your strengths and how to improve your project. Each class member gets a private consultation with Carole Dean once a month in Trailblazer Class and Carole and Tom in Mastermind Class.
- Create 6 month funding goals. Each filmmaker lists what they want to achieve and Carole will help them create an action list to reach those goals.
- Perfect your pitch. Get help tailoring your pitch to attract investors or donors. Carole will work on the elevator pitch, the under 2 minute pitch, and then expand on the 2 minute pitch.
- If your trailer is not bringing in money, Carole will help you fix it so it does. She has seen
thousands over the years judging the Roy W. Dean Grant and knows which ones work and which ones don’t.
- Your proposal is analyzed, fine tuned, or reconstructed. Does it have what is needed to win grants, get donations, secure investors? Don’t have a proposal? Carole will create one with you.
- You will be given a 10 page outline of all 11 windows of distribution. We cover each window in class. During the 5 months, you work on one page at a time until this is completed. This is what you need to win grants, collect individual donations and for corporate donations.
Learn How to Get the Funding and Financing You Need
- Closing your donors.
- Finding strategic partners. Who they are, where to find them, how to approach them. What benefits you have from them.
- Review and improve your film’s web site. Work on key words, Google searches for your market, outlining your market/audience for the film. Where to find them and how to connect to them. Building your data base while making your film is a major issue today.
- Learn successful crowdfunding. From the Heart has been partners with Indiegogo since 2011 and has raised over $2.2 million for independent filmmakers.
- We teach funding parties, how to do it and be successful.
- We teach setting up one on one meetings.
- We teach successful letter writing campaigns.
- You will learn how to manifest your success. The works of great writers and philosophers will be shared and you will be shown how to intend for your success. Your mind set will change and you will be confident and sure that nothing can stop you from raising money for your film.
“Thank you, Carole and Tom, for this wonderful course! It was a perfect blend of intellectual and metaphysical teachings and current industry trends! You make a fantastic team and presented a fantastic course!”
— Brian Jude, Writer/Producer
Getting your film funded means knowing how to save money as well as getting the most and best you can within your budget. Get tips and advice from our experts.
Kent Hamilton – Production Insurance. Kent is a respected entertainment insurance broker in the motion picture community. As Executive Vice President of the Truman Van Dyke Company for over 25 years, he insured thousands of films, commercials and television productions throughout the US and in many countries of the world.
Karen Everett – Editor is one of the world’s leading documentary story consultants, a pioneer in the emerging genre of transformational films and a powerful voice in the movement for conscious filmmaking. As the guiding force behind New Doc Editing, LLC, she has advised hundreds of filmmakers. Her visionary leadership and deep understanding of narrative structure has helped many filmmakers get their documentaries screened at Sundance, PBS, HBO, and other top documentary venues.
Trailblazer and Mastermind Class
Jason Brubaker – Film Distribution. Finding a traditional distribution deal is increasingly challenging. Nobody knows this better than Jason Brubaker. After failing to garner a traditional distribution deal for his first feature, he figured out how to market and sell his movie online. With his easy to follow, step-by-step system, Brubaker shows independent filmmakers how to maximize movie profits without the middle-man!
William Dickerson – Microbudget Filmmaking. Filmmaker and author whose debut feature film, “Detour,” was hailed as an “Underground Hit” by The Village Voice and nothing short of “authentic” by The New York Times. He recently completed his third feature, “Don’t Look Back.” His award-winning work has been recognized by film festivals across the country. His first book, “No Alternative,” was declared, “a sympathetic coming-of-age story deeply embedded in ‘90s music” by Kirkus Reviews. His latest book, “DETOUR: Hollywood: How To Direct a Microbudget Film (or any film, for that matter),” is available now. He is currently crowdfunding his next film on Indiegogo: http://igg.me/at/noalternative
Sam Dlugach – Colorist. He’s been coloring moving images for 25 years and has worked as final colorist in every imaginable genre. Credits include music videos, TV series “Frazier,” and many features, including “The Conscientious Objector,” “Family,” and “Dopamine.”
Jerry Deaton – Sound. Jerry is owner of AUDIOKUT; is a full-service affordable audio post production company specializing in small and medium-sized independent films, commercials, web content and T.V. productions. Services include: ADR, Digital Foley, Music Editing, Dialog Editing, Sound Effects Design, 5.1 Mixing, Audio Restoration, M&E mixing, Audio Layback, Music Production, Score Composition, and access to a large in-house source library.
Hal “Corky” Kessler – Entertainment Law. Corky has extensive experience in the entertainment industry on a worldwide basis. Corky regularly speaks on the business and legal aspects of feature film development, including tax incentives. He has participated in seminars and conducted speaking engagements throughout the United States and Canada on legal issues impacting the entertainment industry. He has been a lead speaker for many years at various film festivals throughout the country, including the Sundance Film Festival, where he has conducted seminars on “Funding” and “Legal and Business Pitfalls, Screenplays through Distribution.”
Not Sure if Class is Right for You?
Call Carole. She will answer any questions you may have. 805-984-0098. You can also email her at
2016 Start Date:
September 26th, 2016 Trailblazer Class
September 27th, 2016 Mastermind Class
$595 before Sept 19th, 2016
$695 after Sept 19th, 2016
Trailblazer Class Schedule (All Times Pacific Standard Time)
09/26/16 Mon 9am
10/10/16 Mon 9am
10/24/16 Mon 9am
11/07/16 Mon 9am
11/21/16 Mon 9am
12/05/16 Mon 9am
01/09/17 Mon 9am
01/25/17 Mon 9am
Mastermind Class Schedule (All Times Pacific Standard Time)
09/27/16 Tues 9am
10/11/16 Tues 9am
10/25/16 Tues 9am
11/08/16 Tues 9am
11/22/16 Tues 9am
12/06/16 Tues 9am
01/10/17 Tues 9am
01/26/17 Tues 9am