Fiscal Sponsorship Program
“A film is a lucrative industry. In the process of raising funds I learned that’s why you cannot have a non-lucrative foundation give you the funds to make a film. You need an intermediary, a fiscal sponsor whose mission is to support films. Knowing Carole Dean from a workshop I took with her in LA when I was an AFI student, I reached out to her, I never forgot her positive energy. Her passion, her love for the idea of the film, really helped me move forward thru the obstacles.
Her advice in the process was invaluable; she is a bright, down to earth person who helps manifests ideas and tap into abundance. Having From the Heart Prods as the fiscal sponsor for our film La Jaula de Oro since the developing stages of the film helped lots to get the rest of the funding. It took me 10 years from the idea to the Cannes premiere in May 2013. Persevere, learn, adjust, adapt, keep going. Persevere. Thank you Carole!”
Diego Quemada-Diez – Director – “La Juala de Oro”
Get Money and Guidance to Make Your Film
From The Heart Productions has been helping filmmakers get their projects made for over 23 years through the Roy W. Dean Film Grant. Now, through our Fiscal Sponsorship program, From The Heart continues its mission to encourage and bring to fruition unique projects with compelling stories that might otherwise have never been made.
Your job is to create. Our job is to make it possible for you to see your creation become a reality.
There are many donors anxious to help fund artistic projects. We help them find you and you find them.
As a 501(c) (3) public charity, From The Heart Productions, Inc. (FTH), sponsors projects with our nonprofit status. This allows you to solicit donations that are tax deductible for your donors. That gives people a powerful incentive to give money to your project.
Having us as your fiscal sponsor also allows you to go after other grants that require a film partnering with a fiscal sponsor.
Your project can be on any subject, any theme, and any length. We don’t judge.
The project can be a documentary, feature film, short film, or web series.
We just want you to be able to spend as much time producing it as possible while we guide you to bring in money.
Why You Should Choose From The Heart as Your Fiscal Sponsor:
Donations paid in 15 days.
- Donations are tax deductible for donors.
- Films get their own project page on our Fund Your Film platform. You can add video, pictures, call to actions. You can link your project’s page to your website as your donation page. Each project page comes with unique web address that you can send out to potential donors. Learn more
- Special film industry discounts. (See Fiscal Sponsor Discount List for details)
- Large discounts on location fees in most areas when you work with a non-profit.
- We accept non-cash donations of equipment and materials.
- We can set up recurring payments from donors.
- Your own button for DONATIONS on your web site.
- We offer a special fiscal sponsorship rage of 5% to help create successful crowdfunding campaigns.
- Improve your pitch to investors. Carole Dean, president of From The Heart Productions and author of “The Art of Film Funding: Alternative Financing Concepts” will help you create a “stick story pitch” for maximum returns.
- Fine tune your trailer for maximum fundraising potential. We’ve seen thousands through the Roy W. Dean Film Grant. We give you trailer tips for fund raising and crowdfunding.
- We will help you create a great proposal. We know what grantors want and can advise you how to create your proposals and submit materials.
- Get support on developing a fund raising strategy. Carole Dean and FTH staff will discuss with you how to construct a creative, successful fund raising campaign that will meet your goals.
- Personal attention. We will be there for you when you need us with advice drawn from years of experience. We are even available for face to face meetings.
- Donations can be in checks, credit cards, even stocks and bonds. We’ve now got a brokerage account.
From the Heart has a contact in the insurance industry that has a program we you can utilize. Please email for our insurance contact information.
What is Required for Fiscal Sponsorship with From the Heart Productions
1. Your project must be a film or media project.
2. You must have potential of getting project completed.
3. The project for which you are fundraising must have a goal of at least $10,000.
4. You must submit the online application.
There is a 7% fee for all credit card donations which includes the credit card processing fee. There is a 5% fee for checks.
We offer a 5% fee for money raised through crowdfunding campaigns.
How to Apply
Complete the From the Heart fiscal sponsorship application form and be sure to follow instructions. After your application is submitted and reviewed. If accepted, we will send you a contract.
Frequently asked questions here
Read Reviews About From The Heart Productions on Genbook
Want to Crowdfund?
We have created videos on crowdfunding and outlines for building your audience online to support your campaign.
We are truly specialists in crowdfunding. Ask for our outlines and full information package to get you started. Then email for a consultation on what will work on your specific film for the trailer, perks and pitch.
Give is a call at 805-984-0098
Or email us at